Saturday 13 May 2017

High Rise Hierarchy

AH who lives in my building on the 20th floor as opposed to the 22nd floor where I live made a very interesting point which I observed but was afraid to articulate. People that live on higher floors look down on lower floor people.

It does not seem to matter if a higher floor person has a tiny apartment and the lower floor person has a palatial layout.

When I get on the elevator in the morning the higher up people have a look of disdain when the elevator stops to pick me up. In turn I look away from the lower people if we are forced to stop on their floor.

I was seriously thinking about heightening. Walking up to the 25th floor and catching a ride from there. That's controversial!If I was caught it would be a bit of a scandal. "Sir, you missed your floor" "No, I'm 25th not 22" "You don't look like 25 material".

There is an inner floor hierarchy as well. I have a corner unit and I'm a slightly higher rank than people with units near the elevator.

No comments:

Post a Comment