Tuesday 5 March 2013

Investing in my Investments

It may be hard to believe, but I have a Colombian financial adviser. Many would think that would be unwise. My financial adviser dabbles in claims adjusting and is a fashion and social critic. I took her advice and invested in what appeared to be a dubious South American oil & mining play. While I trust her advice, I did do some research into the company and true enough, it is a well thought of company by analysts and recommended as a buy. I made a modest investment and the stock price is headed in the right direction, plus they pay a dividend. In some circles I may be considered a bit of a Colombian Oil Barron.

I am a modest investor in the markets. In particular I like to buy index funds. I do own shares in various companies. I've made a decent return, even after I took a bit of a bath during the last market meltdown. Which may explain why I have an aversion to bathing. I also freely offer unsolicited financial advice as an untrained, unqualified financial guru.

My latest investments were to take minor cash holdings from dividends and reinvest them in stocks. The money was sitting there and not working for me. I also bought some Canadian bank stocks, which are always a safe play and pay regular dividends.

The sad part for my financial adviser, is that she had her money in some crazy bank, I think related to a chain of pizzerias, or something similar. She has been trying to move her money and invest in the market. It has been several weeks and the money has not yet arrived. They have no charge checking, or offer 0.25% more interest, therefore it is a good idea to put your money in a pizza parlour bank, apparently.

My financial adviser has been missing out on the rising market. I'm making a killing and she is waiting for her money. They can deliver pizza's in 30-minutes, but money? Not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment