Saturday 2 March 2013

The Brawler

The Brawler is getting a lot of attention as Spring is around the corner. I had $2,500 of upgrades to make it seaworthy. A new VHF radio, which unlike you, I'm licensed to operate, new BBQ with a handy stand, a brand new horn and other accessories. It is not often that I Visa $2,500 without complaint. Not even a famous D'Arcy fist shake.

I have had several groups of people offer to gas up the Brawler in exchange for a group excursion with Captain D'Arcy at the helm. I'm glad to oblige. I will never accept money and this entire hobby is a money pit, but on rare occasion I will accept a group offering to top off the gas tank. From individuals, food, beer and ice are welcome, but not expected. I know I'm going to lose my shirt in this boating experience, but I'm counting on the fun factor to outweigh the expense.

There will also be a sexist factor to the Brawler. In order that the boat does not resemble a floating Pride flotilla, women board for free. They are not expected to bring anything.

I have Crazy Paul and Ryan getting licensed to on occasion take the helm. I'm hoping M also gets licensed.  She is responsible and rarely drinks. Ryan is also responsible, while Crazy Paul? Well he is a little Crazy? I don't want the Brawler to be the subject of a Gordon Lightfoot song. Or was it Edmund Fitzgerald?

No comments:

Post a Comment