Monday 25 March 2013

Taxes and Revenue Canada

As we are into tax season again, I want to vent about the lack of fairness in our tax regime.

There is no political party, or politician that represents my interests. I make a decent income and the government is only interested in transferring my income to their base. Whether that base is big oil, regional vote buying, or the poor, it does not matter because I do not belong to anyone's base.

When I'm hit with a $2,500 reassessment in December, or the fact that I have to pay obscenely high tax rates despite a middle class income, when I see disgusting unelected, politicians like Mike Duffy, abuse the system it makes me physically ill. The entire Senate is a disgrace and a slap in the face of the taxpayer.

The government believes that it has the right to fleece the hardworking taxpayers to reward perpetual, seasonal EI recipients. These entitled, lazy tax takers rob their fellow citizens without any concern about the people that pay the bills. It is taxation without representation and was the reason the American Revolution was fought 240 years ago.

It is unbelievably frustrating when no political party is interested in representing your interests. They use you as a ATM machine for their base and pet projects.

Taxing the hardworking productive people to reward the unproductive. This is not a Mitt Romney 47% argument. The recipients are a much smaller group and don't just include people, but big oil and the government's pet industries.

I don't want any further reassessments from Revenue Canada. They are bleeding me dry. It is bad enough that rural voters have greater representation than city dwellers, but even the Olivia Chow's of the world, representing big city constituents fail to stand up for their citizens.

I'm not an artist, a street person, a seasonal fisherman or an oil company, therefore I'm just expected to shut up and pay the bills. Not only is my opinion worthless, but it is an unwelcome intrusion to the discussion.  

No comments:

Post a Comment