Tuesday 5 February 2013

2 Mile Run

I broke the 2-mile barrier today on the treadmill. That is 2 miles without walking. There were 3 young guys in the condo gym lifting weights. For some unknown reason I like to workout alone in the gym. In particular, I like to run on one of the two treadmills without anyone on the second treadmill. That was the inspiration for the cartoon below.

The gym regulars are waiting for you to quit, so they can have the gym to themselves. I'm sure that some are frustrated I hit February without quiting. I know it is crazy, but I feel self conscious like they are judging me. I have hopped off a treadmill prematurely, just because someone appeared to be waiting for me to finish. They were milling about the gym looking like they were eyeing my treadmill.

The stubbornly cold days of mid-winter have drove me inside on occasion.  I have also been lifting weights. I don't want my weight loss to be at the expense of loss of muscle.

I can see the finish line of the 45-day challenge. Only 8-days to go. Just two social events where I would normally drink beer. One is tomorrow at the Raptors v. Celtics NBA game. The other is a rare house party on a Friday. I will be the designated driver for Friday's event for some downtowners. The one advantage of driving to a party is that you get to leave when you are ready. When you don't drink, you are usually ready to leave earlier than the hardcore partiers. I will stay to a reasonable time but......when I'm ready to go...... When I wake up Saturday morning the 45-day challenge will be in the bag.

I also skipped an industry event tonight. I managed to stave off multiple temptations over the 45-days.  I'm semi-proud of myself. I just have keep up with the proper eating after the challenge is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment