Saturday 16 February 2013

Poker Nite

We had 22 poker players Friday night, despite a few missing regulars and the long weekend. We had a record 7 women play poker, including 2 that finished in the top 3 prize money positions. The winner was Ian Harris, our oldest Champion and a not known as a keen poker player. Avril a rookie player was an even more surprising second place, followed by Mariana in third. Finishing 3rd for her is like losing, she plays to win. Another great time last night.

Charlie Brown went on one of his destructive rampages at the end of the might, falling over chairs and striking people. I'm not sure how to make the boat CB proof. I'm going to leave it to Donut Girl to draw up "Charlie Rules". What ever she comes up with is final. Ana Maria was new in town after a whirlwind trip to Colombia and Brazil. Very tanned and fit.

I didn't count how many light beers I had last night, but it was no more than 4. I woke up feeling fresh and ready to go. I completed 15,000 steps today and a light weight lifting session. Most important was that I ran a recent record 2.1 miles, without walking on the treadmill. To run that distance the night after consuming alcohol was a huge step. The old D'Arcy has not returned.  

I had a good boating discussion with Captain Ricky. We'll get together shortly to discuss what I should expect this summer. He did say it was lot of work, but with a big payoff. I've lined up a few helpers including Mariana, Ryan and Crazy Paul. There is a big payoff in the end for all of us.



No comments:

Post a Comment