Tuesday 19 February 2013

Record Run Personal Best

I ran 2.62 miles on the treadmill without walking tonight. I stopped at that number as it is exactly 1/10th of a marathon. I felt I could easily have run 3 miles. This is a recent personal best. When I left the Navy, returned to Hamilton, I would run up to 5 miles at a much faster pace. But I was 22-years old and weighed 175 pounds.

There are certain psychological barriers I have to overcome. A fit woman jumped on the other treadmill about 2/3 the way through my run. For some reason I still find it difficult to run beside other people. In particular people who are runners. I feel like I don't belong and become self conscious. I'm getting better with the issue, but yesterday I jumped off the treadmill, because a guy asked me how much longer I would be. I was close to the finish anyway, but did end my session early.

When the weather gets better I will take my act outside.That will be another psychological barrier to jump.  

No comments:

Post a Comment