Monday 4 February 2013

Crazy Times

I'm in my bosses office this morning for my annual performance review and we hear a loud bang in the Eaton Centre Mall behind his office. You hear so many noises in the mall, that you rarely turn around. Not 50 feet from his window a guy jumped 4-floors to his death. He jumped from the elevated parking lot onto the 3rd floor of the mall beneath the atrium. I don't think he was commenting on my performance. I do feel bad for the guy and his family.

In an effort to maximise my weight loss, I spent my lunch hour getting a haircut. Every little bit helps. The senior barber of the shop handled my hair. I thought I was in for an elite haircut from the top gun. Instead the guy kept answering the phone, yelling at the young guys and filling out receipts. He was distracted and it resulted in a sub par cut. My hair requires precision cuts and full concentration from the hair professional. I don't think I got that today. I still left a generous tip.

I was reading the Hamilton Spectator online today and noted that they are opening a revival of Mother's Pizza in Hamilton. Bereza and I always talk about what a great idea it would be to obtain the pizza  recipe's from Mother's Pizza and reopen a restaurant.

Maybe it was just childhood memories, but almost everyone I talk to from Hamilton loved Mother's Pizza. They were killed off by their failure to figure out speedy delivery. Pizza, Pizza and the other quicky delivery joints make sub par pizza. There was something about Mother's. I will guarantee that I will check that place out.

The Hammer is on a bit of a roll lately, they opened Canada's first ever Anchor Bar wing joint. I went to the original in Buffalo last year. Unfortunately wings are off the menu for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment