Saturday 23 February 2013

Basic Customer Service

I'm having difficulty getting the local marinas to respond to my applications, which leaves the Brawler temporarily homeless at this time. I hope to resolve this issue next week. The lack of courtesy is a disturbing trend. I had the same issue with the builders of some property I purchased. I made enquiries about the stage of building progress (or lack thereof), was ignored, then lied to in a terse response. I'm seriously considering whether to write an expose, outing this builder for lack of common decency and courtesy.

Though it may not be obvious by the content of this blog, I am conscious of libel suits. As hard as it may be to believe, I occasionally handle such claims at work. While I'm confident of the primary defence of the truth of my case, I'm concerned with associated costs of proving same, against an organisation with unlimited funds.

I work in the customer service industry and try to be courteous and responsive. My own customer service is consistently ranked 5 out 5 by a major business partner of our company. I wish I was dealing with a John D'Arcy at the other end of the line. Sure I can be sarcastic and use occasional profanity, but in the end I get the job done. When the tables are reversed, I find it very frustrating. In particular when I'm paying a stack load of money.

I am learning that the marine industry, in particular, is lacking in basic customer service. I'm just looking for a parking spot close to my home and I'm willing to pay to get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment