Thursday 21 February 2013

Follow-up Medical

I had a follow-up physical after weaning off one of my two blood pressure meds. My blood pressure is still very low,  after a week without the the weaker of the two meds. This is good news, as I would like to someday take no prescriptions, should I continue to lose weight.

Even before I lost weight my cholesterol was surprisingly ok. Not great, but not in any danger zone, or high enough to require any medications. My blood tests last week showed  a 33% reduction in bad cholesterol from a year ago and an increase in the good cholesterol. My chances of having a  heart attack in the next 10-years was around 5%, or less than half my age group for males.

I'm ready to go binge drinking and eating bad foods. With those odds what do I have to worry about?
Kidding of course! I will stay the course. The occasional cheat meal, but overall good food choices.

My doctor did yell at me for reporting only 4-beers last week, when in fact they were tall boys.  I must say I don't think I actually finished any of the light beers. I just opened 4 during the course of the night. Anyone that has cleaned up after a party knows that most beer cans are half full. I will have to ask the maid.

I have a fridge full of beer, fruit and veggies. Leftover beer from the poker party that will very likely be consumed, primarily by others, on the Irish Brawler in May.

I will be on the Brawler every weekend, but the first major party will be May 24 Weekend Fireworks. Victoria Day to Monarchists.

Speaking of the Brawler, the name sticker, along with an application kit just arrived by courier today.

No comments:

Post a Comment