Friday 1 February 2013

Irish Brawler

I didn't go with my first choice of boat name, "The Queen's Beaver", as I was concerned that it would be censored by the marina, or some monarchist would vandalise the boat. People who worship a foreign queen are not known for their sense of humour.

When I was at the Boat Show, I picked up a pamphlet from a boat lettering company. I went on their website and noticed that they had various logos that you could add to the boat name. I always liked the Notre Dame fighting leprechaun. After some thought, I came up with Irish Brawler as the boat name. I do have an Irish background. Plus I think it looks pretty good.

I sent the name around to a few people and it got universal approval. Some were upset that I dropped the original name, but it wasn't going to pass muster.

No comments:

Post a Comment